Myeloma is an accumulation of malfunctioning or 'cancerous'
plasma cells (plasma cell neoplasms, or a bone marrow dyscrasia)
A form of inflammatory bowel disease that is slightly different than Crohn's disease. Learn about causes, symptoms, and treatment options for UC
Test your knowledge on systemic
lupus erythematosus (SLE)
Take the Quiz
Learn how rheumatoid arthritis (RA) affects the body. Common RA symptoms and signs include fatigue and joint pain, stiffness, and swelling.
Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver. It can be caused by several viruses. The main types in the United States are A, B, and C.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Alopecia Areata: See a Picture of This Condition
- Brown Recluse Spider Bite: See a Picture of This Spider Bite
- Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease: See a Picture of This Condition
- Shingles: See Pictures of Herpes Zoster
- NIKE TIGER WOODS GOLF STANDARD DRI-FIT POLO SHIRT 2XL XL MEN NWT Symptoms and Treatment for the EV-D68 Virus
- Ebola Virus: Outbreak, Symptoms, and Facts
eMedicineHealth offers a wide array of first aid and emergency topics from cuts & wounds to broken bones to insect bites & stings. These include easy to read articles, slideshows, quizzes and visuals providing basic as well as in-depth treatment and procedures for injuries, first aid kits, CPR and more.
See the complete A-Z list of all the first aid related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Trending on eMedicineHealth
- Pregnancy Bleeding: Is Bleeding Normal in Pregnancy?
- Cancer Symptoms: 18 Signs and Symptoms of Cancer
- Food Poisoning : How Long Does Food Poisoning Last?
- Stool Color Changes: What Does the Color of Your Stool Mean?
- Heart Rate: What Is A Good Heart Rate for My Age?
- Heart Disease: What Are Four Common Types of Heart Disease?
- Mens Leisure Slingbacks Loafers Shoes Slippers Pumps Breathable
- Types of GERD: What Are the Types of GERD?
- Rotator Cuff Injury: What Is the Best Treatment for a Rotator Cuff Injury?
- Asperger's Symptoms: How Do You Know If Someone Has Asperger’s?
- Blood in Stool: When Should I Go to the Doctor for Blood in Stool?